WHAT IS THE SELF ANALYSES?IS IT ESSENTIAL FOR A SADHAK?INNER YOGA-55
WHAT IS THE SELF ANALYSES?--
Self-analyses help you to reflect on where you are in various aspects of your life. Armed with this information, you are better prepared to make necessary adjustments as you move forward in life.So reading ,these sentences given below; judge yourself...
1-Think of the mistakes you hove committed during the course of the day, just before retiring to bed (sell-analysis).
2-Keep daily diary and self-correction register. Do not brood over(To worry anxiously )past mistakes.Think of the mistakes you have committed during the course of the day just before retiring to bed.Once you correct yourself the necessity of brooding goes away.
3-In the evening, after having done the day’s work, sit for fifteen or twenty minutes and recollect what actions you had engaged in from morning till evening. Recollect what you did, how you did it, why you did it. Ask the question, “Why?” What was your ultimate object in performing every action?
3-1-Was it only to help someone else? Was it only to fulfil your duties, to discharge your obligations, to obey orders, or was there something else also? What was your inner feeling when you engaged in each action? This kind of recollection and self-analysis is known as introspection. 4-Daily introspection is very necessary for the spiritual seeker. For this purpose, set apart a certain time in the evening, sit and review the whole day’s activities and try to go into its inner contents.You are always growing and changing based upon your personality and life experiences. Therefore, it’s important to periodically take time out to conduct a self-analysis.
ELEVEN WORDS OF WISDOM;-
1. Renunciation alone can make you fearless and happy. It is the bestower of eternal peace and Immortality.
2. This world is not an illusion. It belongs to a lower order of reality than the Absolute. It is a relative reality while Brahman is the absolute Reality.
3. The basis of lasting unity of all humanity is the religion of heart. The religion of the heart is the religion of love.
4. Men can be united only if they are free from hatred and petty-mindedness and if they are perfectly established in ethical culture.
5. Illusion is born of ignorance. From illusion spring separation, differences, duality, manifoldness and vanity. Therefore, destroy the ignorance by the sword of the knowledge of Self and become free.
6. Man is the resultant product of the sum total of his thoughts.
7. Peace is the most covetable possession on earth. It is the greatest treasure in all the universe. Peace is the most important and indispensable factor for all growth and development. Peace is the fourth condition or super-consciousness.
8. The elimination of egoism is the sole condition of Self-realisation.
9. Evil is a kind of knowledge to show the superiority of goodness by way of comparison.
10. Virtue and vice, pleasure and pain, are of the mind, not yours.. Renounce the ideas: 'I am the doer. I am the enjoyer', and be ever happy.
11-DEPRESSION is not a disease ,
BUT it is only a FALLEN WAVE,
In the ocean of CONSCIOUSNESS ;
Only to RISE again with GREAT,
Force to lift us UP and UP,
Till we REACH the shore SAFELY..
1. Practise Truthfulness, Non-violence and Celibacy.
2. Be good; Do good.
3. Be Tolerant.
4. Be kind to all.
5. Serve all; Serve the Lord in all; Love all.
6. Share what you have with others.
7. Give, Purify, Meditate, Realise.
8. Think rightly; Act rightly.
9. Behold the one Self in all. See God in every face.
10. Feel "I am the all pervading Immortal Self".
APHORISMS(a concise statement of a scientific principle);-
1. Work elevates when done in the right spirit without agency, attachment and expectation of fruits.
2. Even scavengering (search for and collect anything usablefrom discarded waste)when done with the right mental attitude is a Yogic activity for realisation.
3. He who works in the world with Atma Bhav will eventually reach Atma.
4. He is powerful Yogi who keeps up the meditation while performing actions.
5. Keeping up Brahma Bhava While practising Karma Yoga is more difficult than pure Jnana Yoga.
6. To serve humanity, while living in the world is superior to a life of seclusion in a cave.
7. One can conquer the whole world through love, humility and service.
8. The whole world is bound to work with one who feels himself one with the world.
9. Only he who is unselfish and devoid of Moha for the body can do real Karma Yoga.
10. The Karma Yogi purifies his heart through constant selfless or disinterested service.
11. A special power comes from God to those who have a pure and steady love to humanity.
12. The more you spend your energy in elevating others, the more Divine energy will flow to you.
13. Aspirants of the present day lack in the spirit of service and the burning love for the Lord.
14. The world abounds with people who show some kind of lip-sympathy or vague shallow sympathy.
15. The spirit of service must deeply enter into your very bones, cells, tissues and nerves.
16. A real Karma Yogi does not make any difference between menial and respectable work.
DUTY OF A SADHAK IN NUTSHELL
1-SEEK: the First Requisite for a true aspirant, only that he may FIND.
2-FIND that silence is the Reality, and ENTER.
3-ENTER the Hall of wisdom in order that he may REST.
4-REST, the quest having ended and life's fulfilment having been attained.
5-Patience is the prerequisite for Self-realisation.
6-Self-realisation is the fruit of meditation.
7-Meditation succeeds concentration.
8-Concentration is the result of practice.
9-Practice leads to awareness.
10-Awareness is a conscious state of Being.
11-Being is Para Brahman.
FIFTEEN ESSENTIAL TEACHINGS;-
1-"Serve, Love, Give, Purify, Meditate, Realise;
2-Be good, Do good, Be kind, Be Compassionate;
3-Enquire "Who am I?" Know the Self, and be free-this is my message.
4-Everything is contained in this. Serve. Serve all. Serve the sick and the poor. 5-Serve with love, with Atma-Bhava . Feel that you are serving the Lord in all.
6-Develop cosmic love. Expand your heart. Give, give. Give in plenty to all.
7-Share what you have with others. Eradicate selfishness and greed.
8-Annihilate egoism and pride. Purify your heart. Transform your nature.
9-Eradicate all the evil qualities that lurk in your mind. Cultivate divine virtues. 10-Lust, anger, greed, pride, egoism-all these must be removed. Truthfulness, love, purity, humility, nobility, magnanimity,-all these must be developed.
11-Meditate in Brahmamuhurta. Do Japa and Kirtan.
12-"Be good, do good"-this one formula will do for Self-realisation. All the teachings of all prophets are contained in these four words.
13-Be kind to all. Speak soft, loving, sweet words of consolation; never utter harsh, angry, vulgar words.
14-Be compassionate. Compassion is a divine virtue; cultivate it by active unselfish service.
15-Enquire 'Who am I?' Know that there is one Atman, Immortal, Unborn, all-Blissful, Peaceful, Existence-Knowledge-Bliss Absolute. Your goal is to realise this. Forget not the goal. Attain this through service, Japa, Kirtan, Prayer, meditation, right conduct and the Grace of God .
1. The eye that sees not the beauty of the Lord is blind.
2. Pain is an eye-opener.
3. Pain is thy silent teacher.
4. Religion is self-realisation.
5. Life without religion is death.
6. Sacrifice everything rather than principles.
7. This world is essenceless; God only is the Essence.
8. Character is the key to self-realisation.
9. Remember God at all times.
10. There is no treasure like the wealth of Atma.
11. There is no safe boat like Satsanga to cross the ocean of Samsara.
12. There is no enemy like anger.
13. There is no teacher like pain.
14. There is no friend like the spiritual teacher.
15. There is no abode like Brahman.
16. There is no virtue like purity.
17. There is no vice like conceit.
18. Think "I am Immortal Atma"; Immortal Atma you will become.
19. Life is short. Time is fleeting. Realise the Self.
20. Purity of heart is the gateway to God.
HOW TO GET NECTOR DROPS?-
1. Moksha is your birthright. Moksha is freedom or Immortality.
2. Moksha is a harbour of eternal peace.
3. Kaivalya is joy eternal or perfect delight.
4. It is free from even the least trace of misery.
5. Moksha is liberation from the cycle of births and deaths.
6. Moksha is the supreme panacea for all worldly ills.
7. He who attains Self-realisation is perfect and thoroughly contented. He is free from grief and hatred.
8. Self-realisation is Self-discovery.
9. Freedom or Immortality is the birthright of all.
10. Immortality lies in Self-realisation.
11. All men are eligible for emancipation.
12. Moksha confers infinite bliss.
13. That man who is endowed with dispassion, discrimination, self-restraint, devotion, who lives in seclusion in the company of sages crosses Maya and attains eternal bliss.
14. The bliss of Self-realisation cannot be described in words. It is like the experiencing of joy which a dumb man has when he tastes a delicious sweetmeat or sugarcandy.
15. Self-realisation is not a product or effect.
16. God is realised through non-violence, truth and continence/self-restraint.
17. Essence of all faiths is freedom and happiness.
18. Yoga confers self-mastery..
INSTRUCTIONS (18 );-
1. Get up at 4 a.m., daily. Do Japa and meditation.
2. Take Sattvic food. Do not overload the stomach.
3. Sit on Padma or Siddha Asana for Japa and Dhyana.
4. Have a separate meditation-room under lock and key.
5. Give in charity one-tenth of income or one anna per rupee.
6. Study systematically one chapter of Bhagavad Gita.
7.Have the motto-"Simple living and high thinking".
8. Give up smoking, intoxicating drinks and Rajasic food.
9.Have always Japa Mala around your neck or in your pocket.
10. Observe Mouna for 2 hours daily and during meals also.
11. Speak truth at any cost. Speak little, sweetly.
12. Reduce your wants. Lead a happy, contented life.
13. Never hurt the feelings of others. Be kind to all.
14. Think of the mistakes you have done (self-analysis).
15. Do not depend upon servants. Have self-reliance.
16. Think of God as soon as you get up and when you go to bed.
17. Keep a daily spiritual diary. Stick to your routine.
18. Serve the Sadhus, Sannyasins and poor and sick persons.
1. Remember God at all times.
2. Enquire "Who am I?" and realise the self.
3. Make friendship with any one after studying him very carefully.
4. Do always virtuous actions.
5. Hear the wise words of great souls and follow them.
6. Do those actions that are pronounced to be right by the Shastras.
7. Don't make friendship with childish persons.
8. Move with the world tactfully.
9. Give up bad company.
10. Don't talk much before great souls.
11. Avoid unnecessary discussions.
12. Don't exaggerate or concoct or twist when you talk.
13. Develop mercy and cosmic love.
14. Share what you have with others.
15. Good and bad, friend and enemy, pleasure and pain, virtue and sin are in the mind only.
16. Mind; when purified by the removal of six passions, becomes your Guru.
17. Patience, perseverance and vital will are indispensable for reaching the goal.
18. Purity of food leads to purity of mind.
19. Don't do any action harmful to anyone.
20. Guru is necessary to show you the path to peace.
1- "It is a great sin to harm others, to injure any being, to wound any one's heart, to think ill of anybody on earth or to insult or abuse anyone. It is a great virtue to serve others, to love others, to be good and to do good to all".
2- Sannyasin-disciple should selflessly and egolessly serve all and love all, meditate and strive to attain Self-realisation. He should be an embodiment of Ahimsa, Satyam and Brahmacharya.
3- A disciple should lead an ideal divine life, develop the heart through charity and service, grow in devotion through Sankirtan and worship of the Lord, serve saints and Sadhus, and serve humanity at large in every way possible.
4-A doctor should treat the poor free and even look to the comforts of his patients. The worst crime a doctor can commit, "to demand more fee when the patient is on the table".The doctor should serve the Lord in the patient.
5-An advocate should be thoroughly honest and truthful and plead for the poor, free.
6-A government official should work hard for the prosperity of mankind. "To take bribe is heaven-closing",
7-A student should study his lessons well, and treat his parents and his preceptor with reverence due to Divinity.
8-A businessman should eschew (deliberately avoid using )greed from his transactions, serve the people, do a lot of charity and work for the minimum of profit.
9-Be good; do good-these four words sum up ethics. They are of universal application.
THE THREE THINGS;-
1-Three things to adhere to: Faith, Unity, Sacrifice.
2-Three things to admire: Frankness, Honesty and large- heartedness.
3-Three things to avoid: Back-biting, Falsehood and Crookedness.
4-Three things to control: Tongue, temper and tossing of the mind.
5-Three things to cultivate: Cosmic Love, Forgiveness and Patience.
6-Three things to hate: Lust, Anger and Pride.
7-Three things to love: Desire for liberation, Company of the wise and Selfless service.
8-Three things to renounce: Evil Company, Desires and the fruits of actions.
9-Three things to shun: Miserliness, Cruelty and Petty-mindedness.
10-Three things to synthesise: The Yoga of service, Devotion and Knowledge.
HOW TO GET SELF REALIZATION?
1-You are not this little passing personality hooked on to a mere name and form. You have only fallen into this little delusion by an accident through some passing cloud of ignorance. Awake and realise that you are Pure Atman.
2-Of the two, Shreyamarga and Preyamarga, choose you all to proceed along the Shreyamarga. Do it through service, selfless Seva, love or devotion to parents, elders, society, country and to the human-kind in general, through worship, meditation and realisation. Strive incessantly to develop a noble character for, virtuous character is the basis of all achievement.
3-Lead an ideal life of peace. Kill ruthlessly suspicion, prejudices of all sorts, envy, jealousy, selfishness, greed of power and possessions. Practise daily meditation and establish peace in your heart. Then radiate it to your neighbours and all who come in contact with you. Disseminate it far and wide.
4-If you injure another man, you injure yourself. If you help another person you help yourself.There is one life, one consciousness in all beings. This is the foundation of ethics and right conduct.
SERMONETTES (Religious instruction);-
1-God is Truth. God is Love. Speak the Truth. Love everyone. You will realise Him quickly. Have Satsanga with Sadhus, Sannyasins, Bhaktas. This alone can give you Viveka, Vairagya, spiritual strength and peace of mind. There is no other way. Hunt out for Sadhus. They are everywhere. Sincerity and earnestness are needed in you. They are ever ready to receive you lovingly with outstretched hands.
2-By Satsanga your mind will be saturated as sugar in water with thoughts of God, with Divine Glory, Divine Presence, with sublime soul-awakening spiritual thoughts. Then only will you be established in the Divine Consciousness always. Then you can attain Self-realisation within the time taken for the squeezing of a flower.
''SATSANG IS YOUR LIFE BOAT;DISCRIMINATION( discrimination between right and wrong’) IS YOUR COMPASS ;DISPASSION IS YOUR ANCHOR''
3-Name of the Lord is a potent unfailing antidote for those who are bitten by the serpent of Samsara. It is a nectar (Amrita) that can confer immortality and perennial peace.
4-Yama (the God of Death) is terribly afraid of those who repeat the names of the Lord. He cannot approach them. Repeat the name of the Lord always and attain the fearless state.
WHAT IS TRUE CULTURE ?
1-True culture is the attainment of wisdom of Atma or the Self.
2-True culture is the discipline of head, heart, and hand. True culture is the attainment of discrimination, dispassion, aspiration and devotion.
3-True culture is the enquiry of 'Who am I' and finding out the real significance of 'I'.
4-True culture is right thinking, right speaking, right acting, right living and right meditation.
5-True culture is honourable, plain living and sublime thinking.
6-True culture is annihilation of egoism and living in the divine.
7-True culture is a life of self-restraint, selfless service, cosmic love and self-surrender to the Lord.
8-True culture is practice of Yoga in the true Vedantic spirit.
9-True culture is the culture of the inner self of man.
10-True culture manifests itself in a man in the form of adaptability.
WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF SURRENDER TO GOD (Saranagati) ? 05 FACTS;- 1-Isvarapranidhana is translated as “surrender to the Divine.” It is Saranaagati—offering ourselves unto the Divine A yogi is in one position, and in surrender, he change his position and put himself into another position. He centres himself in the Divine.He gives himself up and place himself in the Divine for the Divine to do what It wishes with him . So, it is called self-offering or offering of oneself. It is called self-surrender. 2-Now, self-surrender, rightly practised, is a great help in achieving the ultimate aim of Yoga namely, Superconsciousness. Superconsciousness is a state in which one is able to go beyond the present state of bondage resulting from an erroneous idea about oneself. 3-In Superconsciousness, one transcends error and moves into truth, into right perception; thus moving, one attains illumination, one regains one’s true status of Purushahood. That is the value of Super-consciousness; that is the significance of attaining Super-consciousness ;Who corrects the whole error of the human being and puts him back where he belongs. 4-Now, in the realm of Yoga, in the realm of niyama, in realm of isvarapranidhana also, the same situation prevails; the same truth holds good. You have to say, “O Lord, I place myself entirely in You. Let it not be as I wish, but let it be as you wish . My whole life is in Your hands. I place myself—body, mind and soul—in Your hands.” In this way, the Yogi, the Sadhaka, must learn to abide by the Will of God, must try to find out the Will of God. 5-He must learn to place himself at the feet of God in obedience. He must surrender the inveterate (deep-rooted) urges of the ego principle and the demanding desire nature of the mind and the turbulent urges of the sense appetites at the feet of God. He should place all of these things under the governance of the Will of the Divine. He should put himself under Divine control, Divine supervision, Divine direction. He has thus to liberate himself.Think of God as soon as you wake up and just before you go to sleep. Surrender yourself completely to God.